The wheels of American business is seeking a Warehouse Lead to become part of the warehouse operations team.
Date Open: July 1, 2015 Close: July 31, 2015
Location: Little Rock, AR, US
Job Id: CalArk Warehouse Services
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Nearest Major Market: Little Rock, AR, US
Reporting directly to Warehouse Supervisor, the Warehouse Lead is responsible for guiding and coordinating warehouse employees and related resources. The Warehouse Lead will use his/her own judgment in distributing work assignments and coordinating resources while collaborating with supervision to maintain operational efficiency. The Warehouse Lead acts in coordination with the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Directs actual operation of warehouse
- Exercises independent discretion and judgment.
- Instructs employees on functions to perform and when
- Provides guidance, support, and direction to other employees in the performance of all duties.
- Successfully motivates department employees.
- Monitors all associates to ensure that they have all of the tools necessary to complete their given tasks
- Acts as constant communication link between dispatch management and warehouse management
- Ensures efficient use of time and equipment, and inventory controls are maintained.
- Monitors Dock capacity
- Communicates to management on all product & equipment damage
- Schedule and conduct employee meetings as necessary to review the operational objectives and to ensure all employees understand assigned goals and performance targets required of them.
- Inspects forklift trucks, and other required equipment, according to safety & maintenance instructions; coordinates with management to resolve all issues.
- Trains others on operation of forklift trucks, and other required equipment, with emphasis on safety measures.
- Maintain and protect all property entrusted to the Lead in excellent condition.
- Assists management in finding solutions to problem areas.
- Investigates and reports all on-the-job accidents and injuries in a thorough and timely manner.
- Perform any other tasks assigned to support and improve the overall team operations
- Provides shift pass on at the end of the shift in writing via email to ensure proper pass on was given.
- Must maintain warehouse security system during and ending each shift, must report any malfunction.
Education, Training and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1+ years of experience operating forklift/warehouse material handling equipment
- 6 months prior team lead or supervisory experience preferred
- Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work.
Interested applicants should submit resume to:
Closing Statement: CalArk, Inc. is an asset based irregular route, general commodities contract full truckload carrier serving forty-eight states, Ontario, Canada and through service to Mexico via Laredo, Texas. Headquartered in Little Rock, Ark, CalArk operates from a 650,000 sq’ warehouse facility and provides local distribution service across the state of Arkansas, Western Tennessee, and Northern Mississippi.