The wheels of American business is seeking a Transportation Supervisor to become part of the warehouse operations team.
Location: Little Rock, AR, US
Job Id: CalArk Warehouse Services
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Nearest Major Market: Little Rock, AR, US
The Transportation Supervisor is responsible for guiding and coordinating warehouse drivers and related resources. The Transportation Supervisor will use his/her own judgment in distributing work assignments and coordinating resources while collaborating with management to maintain operational efficiency.
• Clear, concise, timely communication with direct reports and supervisor. This is a quality that must be instilled in the drivers from the beginning and modeled by the Transportation Supervisor daily.
• Manage the freight to deliver, freight routing, and the corresponding driver pool.
• Equipment management takes in account all truck maintenance and fleet availability. Pallet jacks, hand trucks are as important as the fleet itself. These tools must be accounted for, tracked, and mechanically maintained. Truck cleanliness inside and out must be a routine priority.
• Staff Management is critical. The most important piece of staff management is achieving buy-in. The staff must share the same vision for how, when, and why we do things. If you cannot achieve staff buy-in you will fail on the other duties of this role. Staff Management includes interviewing, hiring, initial and ongoing training and development, and discipline. This requires the Transportation Supervisor to be fair but firm. The drivers need a leader. Someone that can empathize with them, help them to solve the problems of the day, and push them to complete their tasks. The main task of the Transportation Supervisor is to make the driver’s jobs as easy as possible. Set them up for their best chance for success while making sure they stay motivated and give their all.
• Manage Warehouse Operations supporting Transportation. Directly responsible for inbound and outbound freight that is distributed by Warehouse Services.
Education, Training and Experience
• 3+ years of supervisory experience required
• Above average computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
• Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work.
Interested applicants need to submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to [email protected]
Closing Statement: CalArk, Inc. is an asset based irregular route, general commodities contract full truckload carrier serving forty-eight states, Ontario, Canada and through service to Mexico via Laredo, Texas. Headquartered in Little Rock, Ark, CalArk operates from a 650,000 sq’ warehouse facility and provides local distribution service across the state of Arkansas, Alabama, Western Tennessee, and Northern Mississippi.