General: Following good safety practices on the job can reduce injuries, prevent fatalities, and lower health care costs. All employees have a responsibility to ensure that all work activities in which they are engaged are done so in the safest means possible. Below is a quick check to measure your safety awareness and possibly identify areas where improvement can be made. Hopefully, we can all answer yes to each of the items below.
Safety Attitude Check:
1. Take safety seriously.
2. Feel a positive safety attitude helps to prevent accidents.
3. Recognize safety as a legal and company requirement.
4. Make full use of safety procedures, equipment, and information.
5. Avoid becoming complacent about tasks you’ve done many times.
6. Pay full attention to work.
7. Refuse to let emotions get in the way of your work.
8. Try to get enough sleep-and avoid risky tasks if you’re tired.
9. Avoid fooling around or behaving recklessly on the job.
10. Pay attention to safety training.
11. Understand and follow all parts of all job and safety rules and procedures.
12. Know what to do in an emergency.
13. Report fire or safety hazards.
14. Ask questions about procedures you don’t understand.
15. Make suggestions for safety improvements.
16. Be a good example.
Conclusion: When you take safety seriously, you protect yourself and others from
potential injury or illness.
12103 Interstate 30
Little Rock, AR 72209