The wheels of American business is seeking a Night Dispatcher to become part of the operations department team. The position is based out of our Little Rock, AR facility, is a night time position and requires previous transportation experience.
Night Dispatch is responsible for ensuring business operations during the evening hours. Responsibilities includAnswering emails from customers and tracking shipments.
- Accept and enter EDIs on committed lanes.
- Verify that preplans have been sent to all drivers.
- Track and code all loads delivering the day of and next day.
- Ensure load coding and check projected late loads and message customer accordingly.
- Swap available loads that are running late and communicate with customer and/or service representative and dispatcher concerning load and driver updates.
- Update ETA’s and PTA’s on loads .
- Serve as point of contact between customer and driver concerning any issues.
- Field calls on night dispatch lines and customer service watts line.
- Respond to Qualcomm messages in a timely manner as needed.
- 2 to 3 years of Transportation experience preferred.
- 3 to 5 years Customer Service experience required.
- High School Diploma Required, College degree preferred.
- Microsoft Office knowledge and experience required.
- Fleet Management experience preferred.
- AS400 experience highly desirable.
Interested candidates should email Will Stevens. Please include resume and cover letter with salary requirements. No calls please.
Closing Statement: CalArk, Inc. is an asset based irregular route, general commodities contract full truckload carrier serving forty-eight states, Ontario, Canada and through service to Mexico via Laredo, Texas. Headquartered in Little Rock, Ark, CalArk operates from a 650,000 sq’ warehouse facility and provides local distribution service across the state of Arkansas, Western Tennessee, and Northern Mississippi.