Position closed, no additional applicants being considered.
The wheels of American business is seeking an IT Specialist as a part of the Information Technology Systems Development Team.
Date Open: September 18, 2017
Close: October 6, 2017
Location: Little Rock, AR, US
Job Id: ITPL
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Shift: M-F 0700-1600 or 0800-1700
Nearest Major Market: Little Rock, AR, US
- Maintenance and support of all hardware/software related to IBM Power 7/i5/AS400 and Profound Logic.
- Coordinate and oversee installation of related software upgrades.
- Monitor, analyze, and maintain performance of Profound Logic software in conjunction with IBM Power 7/i5/AS400.
- Provide end user support for new and existing functions/features.
- Maintain/create database backup procedures as well as DR processes to maximize utilization and availability.
- Oversee ongoing enhancements and development of IBM Power 7/i5/AS400 green screen modernization using Profound Logic.
- Work with peers to implement new products and solutions that are beneficial to the company by increasing end user ease of use and efficiency.
- High proficiency level in working with hardware/software solutions focused on IBM Power 7/i5/AS400 modernization.
- Ability to respond to IT help desk calls/requests, record calls/requests and provide the proper support necessary to handle the calls/requests in a timely manner.
- Willingness to contribute to the team effort by recommending improved processes.
- Ability to work well with others within the department and company.
- Initiative to contribute to department goals by accomplishing assigned tasks and documenting utilized procedures as needed.
- An understanding of IBM’s Power7/i5/AS400 Operating System databases, file structures and libraries to easily convert green screens into feature rich GUI browser based applications.
- Exposure and working knowledge of Profound Logic:
- Visual Designer
- DDS Conversion Tool
- RPG Open Access Handler
- JumpStart Application Generator
- Strong problem determination and troubleshooting skills.
- Associates degree in information technology or related areas.
- 1-3 years of experience in an IT environment.