The wheels of American business is seeking a Driver Dispatcher to become part of the operations department team. The position is based out of our Little Rock Headquarters.
The Driver Dispatcher is responsible for maintaining contact with our drivers and managing freight and loads. Each Dispatcher supervises and oversees 35 to 45 drivers and ensures proper utilization of the driver fleet and equipment.
- Ensures that pre-plans are on the trucks and communicate with the planner concerning any issues or special instructions concerning load.
- Serves as the point of contact for company drivers to ensure that on-time deliveries and coordinates swaps and/or reloads as needed.
- Sends fuel requirements and routing instructions to assigned drivers for all loads.
- Monitors all assigned drivers for hours of service and counsels drivers on performance issues that need to be addressed and corrected and documents all late deliveries and service failures.
- Assists assigned drivers with home time requests.
- Monitor all assigned drivers for bonus eligibility and issues of non-reporting for scheduled loads.
- Ensures DOT compliance and/or drug testing requirements for all assigned drivers.
- 2 to 3 years of Transportation experience preferred.
- 3 to 5 years Customer Service experience required.
- High School Diploma Required, College degree preferred.
- Microsoft Office knowledge and experience required.
- Fleet Management experience preferred.
- AS400 experience highly desirable.
Interested candidates should contact email Will Stevens. Please include resume and cover letter with salary requirements. No calls please.
Closing Statement: CalArk, Inc. is an asset based irregular route, general commodities contract full truckload carrier serving forty-eight states, Ontario, Canada and through service to Mexico via Laredo, Texas. Headquartered in Little Rock, Ark, CalArk operates from a 650,000 sq’ warehouse facility and provides local distribution service across the state of Arkansas, Western Tennessee, and Northern Mississippi.