The weather focus will switch from the east coast to the western half of the U S today. Currently a storm is forming in the Four Corners area, and North Texas is experiencing snow. This storm will move east and north today and this weekend. Colorado will see snow measured by the foot Saturday in some areas. Heavy snow will likely fall in an area roughly defined as north of St Louis and Indianapolis to south of Chicago and on to Detroit, where 6-12 inches is forecast Saturday night into Sunday, and move into the New England states by Sunday evening. There is likely to be a band of mixed precipitation within 150 miles south of that line. Please keep in mind these are approximations, and conditions will vary by location.
· Parts of Texas is seeing snow falling and roads getting worse in those areas. The Dallas metro area is expected to see a couple inches of snow between now and Saturday night.
· New Mexico has seen snow and is reporting difficult in affected areas
· Colorado has chains required over all major passes. This area is in bad shape now and will get worse between over the weekend and into Monday, when one to two feet of snow is expected.
· Oregon will see snow, with 6-10 inches expected in some areas.
· California will see 6-12 inches fall over Donner Pass between now and Saturday night.
Subzero temperatures and freezing winds are nothing to chance when it comes to winter driving. Ice on the road means dangerous conditions. If you’re driving on ice, you won’t know until you need to stop. The PUCO offers these five tips to help you when traveling on Ohio's roadways this winter.
12103 Interstate 30
Little Rock, AR 72209